Useful information for those interested in joining GEMME
a) the statutes of the European judges group for mediation (Gemme) as amended May 23, 2008
b) the internal regulation adopted at the Brussels board meeting on the 29th of April 2009 and modified by the Sophia board on the 1st of November 2012
To become a member of Gemme:
- You must belong to the European Union or a state of the European Free Exchange Group (AELE) Including Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland
- You must be a judge professional or non-professional, either practicing or honorary,
or a court in which these judges work, subject to the possibilities given to them by the provisions governing them,
- Associatemembers may be appointed upon agreement of the executive committee including attorneys, academics and any other qualified persons who demonstrate an interest in mediation and work to promote it
- Initial dues are fixed at 60 € for individuals. This is an annual contribution, the amount of which may vary according to the statutes and regulations of the national sections.
To create a national section within GEMME :
- A national section is formed as soon as there are 7 members for the same country (individuals or legal entities).
- For attaining this figure there may be no more than two associate members with the five other members having to be judges or courts.
- The sections that are in the process of being established are permitted to appoint an observer for the board of directors.
- Associate members may be appointed to the board of directors up to a limit of 1/3 of the posts for the board of directors.
If you are interested in becoming a member of GEMME, please leave your details below and we will send your application to the relevant national section for processing.